type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby Update

I'm just about 9 weeks out!!! HOORAY!!!! I need her to come. I'm just constantly uncomfortable. I don't think our family body types were made to handle child baring to well. We are just super petite people. Anyways, little miss Virginia (99% sure that's her name) has still not flipped.... she does have 9 weeks to flip but if she does not... it's an automatic C-section. If it comes to that I think, no, I know I'm going to be upset never to get the chance to have a vaginal birth. I do know that you can have one after a C-section but most doctors don't wanna do it. To scared that things can tear. Other then her not being flipped yet. Little Miss Virginia is healthy and doing everything she suppose to be doing. She moves constantly which according to my Doctor is very very good, but not to comfortable for me. My Doctor, Dr. Phipps, whom i love, is a little worried about the amount of fluid surrounding baby. Baby did have a full bladder when she was measuring this morning and said that she's sure once baby empties it, the fluid should be the perfect amount. She wants to check it again next appointment and if it's not correct to her, she going to have me come in when the ultrasound people come into her office.

Dan and I can't wait for her arrival. These next 9 weeks are going to go super slow...but i bet when i look back at it, it's going to go super fast. Having an appointment every other week does help with the time.

Peace

2 comments:

  1. It takes forever for them to finally get here, but once she's 9 weeks old, you'll wonder why time is going way too fast. 9 weeks will go quickly!! I hope she turns. My friend had a baby turn the night before she was going in for her c-section. It can happen all the time. Get down on your hands and knees and rock back and forth. That is what my sister's midwife tells her to do. It's a great way to stretch the back also. One of the things that scares me about having a v-bac is that if you do get to have one, there is no way they'll give you and epidural. That would KILL me! Let's hope she turns!! Good luck. Can't wait to see her- on this blog of course:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have the right attitude about this. Things will be fine either way, and not actually performing labor will in NO WAY make you less of a woman or a mother. I had to do C-Sections with both of mine and it all worked out just fine. Some people feel sorry for me for not being able to experience one of the key parts of womanhood. That is silly. I have no doubt that is how God meant it to be for me. Why else would I have been sent children with certain complications (a wrapped cord with Emma, and a breech position with Sara), a body that can't handle those complications well, and in a time when those complications can not only be detected through technology- but solved via alternative methods of delivery? God is in control, and he is smart.

    There are also a lot of plusses to C-Sections- you can plan the date, your sex life is more normal afterwards, the baby doesn't have the funky cone head, and you look good for those first mommy and baby shots. I know those all seem petty- but if you have no other option (like I didn't) then you may as well find the silver lining, right? :) I love you and will pray that everything goes well for you and Virginia Amanda! :)

    ReplyDelete