type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Decisions Decisions ...

I think my favorite part of being pregnant so far is looking for thing to purchase for the lil' bundle of joy....who is constantly kicking now. Even as I'm typing this she's furiously going and strong too.

I have looked high and low for the basic essential that every little baby is going to need, and i have finally, fingers crossed (I change my mind every two mintues), picked out what I want.

The bedding and the crib have been the worst search for me. When it comes to finding the crib, not only am I trying to find something that I like and can use for all my children, I am of course trying to keep it at a reasonable price. Why oh why oh why do, i really like the cribs that are like 650.00?!?!
I'm so sorry Husband, i have expensive taste...

I found this one at Walmart.....

Photobucket

really?!?, I can't believe I found the one I want at Walmart of all places. A major factor in choosing this particular crib is that the couple at Young House Love purchased this crib and made a fantastic review and love it. I'm not saying that they were the ones that found the crib for me, it was on the list of many cribs i was deciding between and they just helped me to choose this one. It's also under 300 bucks and it comes with the toddler rails. Most of the cribs that i have seen, you have to purchase the toddler rail separately and those can cost up to 100 bucks. I'm thinking this is a great deal on an awesome crib.

I love the clean modern look of it. :) so beautiful!! Thank you Daddy and Veniece for purchasing the crib for us!! And Diane and Danny, Dan's parents, for purchasing the mattress!!!

This is the bedding that I'm thinking I am getting.

It's from Land of Nod and it's on sale!!! Wooo!!!! Again, I have expensive taste.

Photobucket

It's super cute. Not OH MY GOSH!!! that is bright! It's perfect!! for me at least. Again, I love modern. I also love that you don't have to get the whole set, which would cost a ton. You can get thing separate. So I'm going to get the bumper and quilt of this set and get cute pink sheets at target.

Thank you Mommy for this purchase!!!

Then there is the stroller. We have opted to get a travel system. Elizabeth got one and loved it. She also got a Graco brand stroller and she took it to Italy and back and still uses it. It's in fantastic condition and If something can hold up the way my family travels all the time, then it's a great brand to keep with.

Photobucket

We wanted something Neutral. This one is brand new. About two months in production. It's exclusive at Babies R Us. Which is kinda a bummer seeing as the closest Babies R Us to us is on the East side of town. We live on the West. It's about a good 40 minute drive out there. It's all good. I called yesterday to see if they had any in stock because online they seem to fly off the shelfs. They are always saying it's out of stock. Anyways, Diane is headed out to the East side for a lunch thing on Thursday and is totally willing to pick the stroller up! She is awesome!

Hooray for the Relief Society sisters and wanted to purchase a large group purchase and this is what they are all pooling together to get me!!!! I love my ward!! I really can't wait to have the stroller.

Those are the mighty purchase that i have decided on.

We have a bookshelf that Diane and Danny gave Dan and I. It's not so cute looking now....but a fresh coat of new white paint and some cute little fabric bins, which I purchased a few weeks ago, will make for awesome chest of drawers/bookshelf for Virginia. We plan on painting that during Dan's Spring break. I will do some before and afters pictures of the project.

Again Dan and I just can't wait for Miss Virginia either Rose or Katherine Morgan to be here!!! We love our baby!!!

Peace

4 comments:

  1. I got a Graco stroller and carseat set, and I LOVE it. The stroller is still used on a regular basis. The carseat is in good condition too, but it is expired on the date, so Jack gets a new one. They lasted through 3 moves, two babies, and a gazillion trips and mini-vacations. Good choices. You have great taste- and lucky you having so many people ready to buy it all for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - you are great at pulling things together in advance - we weren't nearly as good for any of our kids! But then again, I wasn't really picky either. lol I think it would be a different story for a baby girl.

    Are you going to have a bassinett in your room for a few months first? I'm surprised there's no talk of a bassinett here. You don't want to put a baby in a crib, then they'll just grow up even faster! ;)

    ps I don't know if I'm spelling bassinett right, but I don't spell check - I live on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we have a bassinet already. It's nothing special just a simple small thing. We took it from my grandma's house at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo are babies hard to come by down there?! If we bought people strollers, we'd be buying them every week! That is awesome they are doing that!

    And we looked at that crib! It was in my top 3. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete