type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, August 27, 2010

Miss Babes + 4 month shots = Unhappy Baby

Little Virginia got her 4 month shots today. I can't believe my baby is 4 months now. It's crazy how time flies. Next she'll be starting Preschool.

Miss Virginia did so well. She was really cranky thou. She usually sleeps till 9 in the morning but i woke her up to feed at 7 to get to her appointment at 8:15 in the morning, so it didn't start out to super hot. She cried for the very first time for our Pediatrician when she was giving babes her check up. She calmed down super fast but then the girl came in to administer the shots. Before i go on.....lets back track a tiny bit ...

For babies 2 month shots, we were in Houston and went to the local health clinic and got her shots for five dollars! with no insurance Awesome!!! Where she was so cute and smiley in my arms. When the woman at the clinic was administering her the rotavirus, which they do threw the mouth now, she was giving me the biggest grin and was enjoying herself. Then the shot in her leg came. Her face expression was so sad. It went from pure elation to shear misery. I have never heard my baby cry that hard and loud before. Once she got out of my hands and into daddies she settled down instantly and even giggled with joy when she was getting put in to her car seat, cause she knew that meant she was leaving the awful place which caused her pain. My baby was not super happy with me for the next 48 hours, she only wanted me to hold her to feed. :(

Back to today.... I was expecting the same thing this time and I was a little heart broken going in. When the nurse came in to administer the shots this time, babes was just put on the table and i was to hold her down. She was tried but she was doing great when she remembered what the liquid stuff going in her mouth was... She got nervous and started to cry. Then the shots came again. She cried super loud and hard just like last time but then.... once it was over and she knew that it was, she stopped crying even before i had the chance to pick her up and calm her down. Serious!! She was super great and awesome. I love my babes and she loves me :) She slept almost all day and during one of her naps I decided to lay down with her. At one point she woke up crying but then saw me laying next to her and stopped, smiled and went straight back to sleep. She's just a little crank today, but she has every right to be one. :)

We shall see what takes place during her 6 month shots. :)

Peace

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh your story is very cute and painful I can relate with you cus I have a 4 month old as well.

    ReplyDelete