type='text/javascript'/>

Monday, July 6, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy AmErIcA!!!!

AMERICA, Heck yeah!!!!

Our holiday events actually started Thursday night, where Dan and I went to Robert and Sally's to be Life Guards for the party that they were having. Was Dan a Hero? He was. A little girl decided to practice swimming and took off her floaties, she got scared started screaming etc.. Dan jumped in and saved the day. :) My little hero, he got an applause from the audience. :)

Friday we went over to Robert and Sally's for a family bar-b-que. Two other families from the ward came. Ethan and Josh, two of our cutest kids in the nursery came with their families. We swam, but once the meats were cooked it started to pour, thunder and lightning everywhere and it was like that for the rest of the evening. So, instead of swimming, which was the plan, we all went inside and watched the new Indiana Jones movie. It was a great time. :)

So my Fourth was...... very different then i am used to.

For the past 10, yes 10, years this has been my usual routine.

Usually, I am up at 5 getting ready to either help my mom with the Parade or her guard, last two years have been my own guard. :) At 7 I'm watching the balloons because.... heck why not, I'm up. I'm there till about 12:30 doing Parade stuff and walking the stinking thing. Always so hot.!!! haha but my Mom is yet again awesome and in her awsomeness we, meaning Lizzy and i, have not really walked the parade route but have driven in a golf cart. (but, that has only been going for about 3 years now.)

As a family we usually go to the Provo Arts Festival and walk around get the good food and maybe purchase something... like remember that one time, Lizzy, a discover toys thing was there and we purchased Labyrinth? good times

Ooo.... know what movie I'm watching this weekend.

Go home, eat some traditional Fourth of July food and then it's off to "STADIUM OF FIRE Dum da DUM!.... watch the fire burn higher and HIGHER!!!"

This year,

I got to sleep in, hazaah for that, then Dan and I went to the Outlet mall to see what sales were happening. Was Banana Republic having yet another awesome sale were everything in the store was 40% off? Yes, they were. But, instead of me getting something. We got Dan a new t shirt for under 8 bucks and a new sweater that was under 8 bucks too. :) LOVE BANANA REPUBLIC OUTLET!!!!

But, i did not leave empty handed. Dan let me get this new purse.

Photobucket

My red one is almost done.
Love my Husband!!

After that we went home, laid about for a few hours and then went to our Church building, which is right across the street from the Country Club which shot off fireworks.

Got there at 6 had hot dogs or hamburger and watermelon,

My time to complain, Okay so my ward ROCKS!!! Seriously best ward that i have ever been in. This event was a stake activity. We, as in 5th ward, were in charge of the grills, meats and watermelon. All the other wards were to bring salads, chips, treats....etc to share. Did they bring anything? NO, they did not. The people who brought stuff for salads and etc, were members of my ward because Sue, our RS Prez, sent out a quick email to us, last minute, asking if members could bring salads, because she knew the other wards were going to flake out. As they did.

We sat around for about three hours waiting for the show to beginning. No music, games nothing.... other wards fault. Grrrrr!!!!

Again, let me tell you how awesome my ward is, Friday morning was a primary activity. My ward planned the whole thing. It was fantastic. They asked me to shoot the event for them. (pics will go up when i edited them) They had nursery age games, crafts, thing to decorate a bike or wagon or something for the kid parade. But, did almost the whole stake show up? Yes, Good thing my ward was ready for them. Apparently this happens alot.

My complaining is over.

I had a fun time tho, it was just very very different then what i am used to. :) I was glad tho that i got to spend time with me new family. :)

Here are some images:

My little camera kinda did an awesome job. Shot these with a one sec shutter speed. :) And no cropping either and no tripod!!! I amaze even myself sometimes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Peace

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. You miss us! I know it. That is all and I'm happy you like your ward because I do too, our ward is fantastic! Come visit and see my new house! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete