type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, January 22, 2010

Helping Haiti

It's incredible tragic what has happened in Haiti. This pregnancy makes me more emotional then I have ever been and every time I read something about that country or what people are doing to help, I get choked up and some times tear up.

I love what cell phone companies are doing with the Red Cross and how easy it is to donate money. You can text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to American Red Cross relief for Haiti.

I then found this shirt where 100% of the proceeds go to help in the effort. I wanted to help in some way. We really don't have much, so I purchased this shirt for 15.00 with a 3 dollar shipping fee. I can't wait to get it. I won't be able to wear if for a while, I got a small so I could fit into it after the kiddo is born.


I love it.... Also.........

The Church (they ask that we write The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when we are referencing them for the 1st time) kinda rocks...... Read what they have done. It's amazing. They have sent thousands of pounds of supplies down to aid in the help. They also have sent Teams!! of Doctors down to assist in Haiti. The few church buildings that are there got only small damages to them and are now housing thousands of people. I love this church and everything that it stands for.

I hope that this all gets worked out quickly with the relief and I pray that everyone else remains safe.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. Those are two great things being done - I've heard of the Red Cross text, but not the t-shirt. Thanks for passing it on!

    Food is something that's an immediate need. If anyone reads this, I'll mention it. Nu Skin creates something called "Vitameal" - it's a bag that provides 30 meal's worth of food for a child. For the whole month of January, ALL vitameal donations are being sent to Haiti (opposed to around the world as usual). Thanks again Michelle, it means so much to them to know we care. :) http://www.nuskin.com/nuskin/us/en/products/nourish_the_children/donate.html

    ReplyDelete