type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, February 12, 2010

Art

I was doing the blogging thing this morning and I've been coming to a certain site for a while now. I think it's hilarious and very clever. It's titled That is Priceless. Just click on the link and you will see for yourself how funny it actually is.

I started thinking about one of my favorite pieces that I'm sure most of you have never seen. Katherine got a print for her birthday way back when, I had to have been in jr high, from one of her best friends and I have loved it ever since.

It's titled The Kiss by Francesco Hayez.



I just love how much passion is in the kiss and how they must be secret lovers. He must have been waiting for her in the dark doorway in the back corner and when she passed him, he comes out and lays one fantastic kiss on her......oooo to be her.....So beautiful....i wish i could paint like that. That is my take on the painting. Come up with your own story of why they are kissing. I love doing that to paintings. Art is so much more fun when you create a story behind what you are seeing and not just looking at it because some one put it in a museum, so it must be important attitude.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment