type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A life update

I can't believe my little baby is two months now. It has gone by so fast. We've also done so much in these eight weeks too. This kid is the most traveled kid, i swear.

Washington D.C.
Houston
Flying on airplanes
Going out to dinner
Maryland
Virginia
Penn.
hotels
driving across Texas
and the list goes on~!

Here goes

Had baby April 23,

Packed and moved from our apartment from May 17th to the 22nd. We waited till i was more healed.

Stayed at Unc and Sally's house from the 22nd to the 26th

On May 26th, flew to Washington DC for memorial day weekend with Grandma Cannon, Mom, Elizabeth and Audrey. I don't really wanna write out the experience cause Lizzy already did... Go here to read it.

Flew to Houston Texas on June 2nd for Matt's high school graduation. 

Monday June 7th flew back to El Paso for Virginia's doctors appointment.

Since she was breached, she had some hip problems. I'm glad that my pediatrician ordered the ultrasound for Virginia. She had the ultrasound the day after she was born. They came in my room took her and she was gone for about 30 minutes. When they brought her back they told us that since she was breached her hip bone didn't form properly over the joint. Instead of being curved it was flat. It wasn't painful for her and it would not be painful, it would just, maybe, start to pop out when she learned to crawl and walk. It wouldn't be painful until she was four or five and at that point she would have had to have surgery to fix the problem. That is what we were told. I'm honestly super grateful that they caught the problem now. So for the first month of her life, our sweet girl wore a brace.

 

Here she is with the brace. The purpose of the brace was to keep her hip joints out and in place. 
She didn't mind it at all. She didn't know anything else. She was with out it for only about the first 36 hours of her life and then had it on. We couldn't take it off ever!! Only to bath her did it come off. We did have a few diaper explosions because of it. The diaper went over it, which made holes between her and the diaper and that stuff finds those holes. :) It was funny. When the guy came into put the brace on her and show us what to do, It was so hard to fight back the tears. After he left i just started crying and all i wanted was to hold my baby and let her know everything was going to be okay. It was hard. After a few days of me getting used to it..... Just to clarify, I wasn't crying cause she had a brace it was the hip problem that made me cry.. Anyways after a few days the brace was just super cute on her. :) 

Again she had it on for a month. We saw the doctor on May 24th and he told us to take the brace off cause it was to small for her now and just double diaper her or wrap something around her legs to keep the hips apart. The doctor ordered another ultrasound and since we were leaving in two days they got us in for the next day.

We went to the ultrasound the next day, man the timing was tough to work around but they were great and super helpful, but since we were leaving, we had to wait till the 8th to find out what the ultrasound was all about. Thank you daddy for flying me back out to El Paso for little miss Virginia. :)

Tuesday June 8th was the doctors appointment at 8:30 in the morning. Okay this is what kinda upsets me.... He was in the room for, seriously, 30 sec. He tells me everything is great and we don't need to worry about her anymore!!! WHAT??! you couldn't call me and tell me that. My dad had to fly me back out to El Paso to learn that!!!!! Oh well.. I can't really complain seeing as this doctor is the only pediatric orthopedic surgeon in the area. Don't really want to get on the wrong side with them. Nope nope nope.

Anyways after that, we went to the office of an apartment complex we want to move into when we return from Houston and put in an application. Cross your fingers for us that we get the apartment. Then started the 13 hour drive out to Houston.

We stopped in Ozona, Tx for the night. It's exactly half way between both cities. 

 We have now been here in Houston for two weeks. Dan's working at my dad's office and really liking it. I'm staying home with baby. :) I love ever minute.

That is life for us right now.

Peace



1 comment:

  1. Oh Michelle, I would bawl my eyes out too over that experience. You just want the 100% best for your baby, even something small can throw you off and make you feel so sad for them!

    I remember them saying we had to take William home on oxygen. To them it was nothing big and they had some people come show me how to use the oxygen and monitor... but after being in the NICU 2 weeks, I wanted it all to be over. I wanted my baby to live normally. Anyway, I know the feeling. That is SOOO good they caught it early, I'm so happy for you all that it smoothed out and yes - she was super cute in it! Good thing babies are so flexible!

    ReplyDelete