type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

...Take a look, it's in a book, Reading Rainbow.....


Since Dec 19th i have read a number of books. I think it breaks my recorder for the most amount of books read in a period of time. Anyways, Since Dec. 19th i have read

Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark
(Do not Judge me! I had a 14 hour drive down to El Paso and it was literally the only book on tape that Cracker Barrel had for me to listen to. I do not suggest this one at all!! It was that bad.)

Moving on, i've read;

Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
and
Believing Christ by Stephen E Robinson

I'm currently reading Anna Karenina, I just started it but more on that later.

All of these books i recommend people should read. They all are of a different genera, I'm positive that one of these books will tickle your interest. I promise not to give anything away about the book.

Sunday's at Tiffany's is a love story. It's a little bazaar, just like the whole Grey's Anatomy and having sex with a dead guy. Really?!! We're suppose to believe that? Anyways, it's that kinda of bazaar, but if you are looking for a makes you feel good happy love book, i suggest this one. I really enjoyed this book.. about love, finding your soul mate and living happily ever after with one another.. I just got married give me a break. I also loved the underlining theme. Read it is a good one.

Me Talk Pretty One Day is a really funny book, but you have to be open to it and learn David's sense of humor. David is really one of the funniest authors. All of David's books are memories of his life. Extremely funny memories. He's a New Yorker so there is some language in the book. If you are looking for a laugh out loud book read it. If you are looking for something that is edifying and has a good moral statement, this is not that book.

The Red Tent. This book was awesome!!! I really enjoyed this one. It's about the life of woman in biblical time. It tells the story of Dinah, Jacob's daughter. Jacob, father of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. I really liked how Anita writes. She draws you in to the story. It's not to heavy either, you can read the book with ease and not have to put it down after a few pages. When i was reading it, time just flew. It was easy to get trapped into the story.

Wicked. Fantastic! I really really like this one. It's dark but good, so good. It's the novel the musical was based off of. If you have seen the musical the book is nothing like it. Nothing! I finished that one yesterday that is why i am starting to read Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Lizzy read in a while back and she liked it. I saw it at Barnes and Noble for 7 bucks and a purchased it. Wicked is a little heavy so be aware. At one point i got so upset with what was happening i stopped reading it for a few days. I needed to cool off. I was really outraged about one particular part of the book, but it needed to happen for the book to finish.

Believing Christ! Wonderful! amazing! spiritually book to read. It just opens your eyes to the Gospel. I've read it before but wanted to read it again. One of my dear dear friends is leaving for her mission on the 18th of this month. Hooray that we will be in the same state but tragic that she will be more then 10 hours away from us. Anyways, i give this book to almost every friend that has gone on a mission. It's her turn to receive it and i wanted to reread it before i gave it up again. It's a beautiful quick read, but since it is a religious book it's a bit heavy but fun. It's the first time that i have read it since going through the temple. I was able to ponder deeper and more clearly, then previous reads. It's good!

Those are my books. If i read another one and deem it worth, i will be sure to tell you to read it.

Michelle Morgan

1 comment:

  1. My husband started Wicked, and he had to stop because he didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete