type='text/javascript'/>

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Young Ambassadors


Last night BYU's Young Ambassador group preformed at UTEP. They were fantastic. Not quite a Broadway performance but, man, did some of them have pipes. Some couldn't dance to well but they did great while others just were fantastic dancers. They performed a combination of songs that have inspired the music industry and have had a very high impact on "America's culture and the way of life." (quoted from the play bill) It starts out with the oldest songs 1st and goes through the decades. It was really fun.

Dan and I also got the opportunity to house two of the performers named Zach and Chris. They slept on air beds that i think deflated alot during the night. Not good. We also only had one full size bed sheet that i had to makeshift into two twin size sheets. They're troopers. I made them a sack lunch for today. I felt like a mom sending her sons off to school this morning.


Zach was a performer,(he's the boy in the red shirt on the right) for his solo song he got to play Fiyero from the musical Wicked. He was awesome. They also sang the song "Defying Gravity" from wicked too. The girl who played Elphaba had some lungs.


Chris was in the Show Band. (He's in the image above) On the drive home i found out that we actually could have hung out during high school with one another. He went to Timp View while i went to Orem. His cousins went to Orem and he preferred to hang out with them then his schoolmates. He named not just several friends that i hung out, but my clan. The friends i have kept in contact with he doesn't remember, but he remembers all the people that annoyed the heck out of me. Two names, Issac Hess and Aaron Sutherland. He's good friends with Aaron still but hates Issac as much as me. Issac has gotten better since High School. I need to give him some credit.


There was one girl that I could not stop watching. (She's the second one in the image) Her dance style was just beautiful. She had gorgeous lines and she extended her movements. Ahhh! Beautiful. Apparently she tried to flirt with Dan when they had lunch at the Institute earlier in the day. Anyone who know Dan knows he doesn't flirt. I married a Hottie. :) Anyways, I wanted to be up there so bad and dance with them. I miss it like crazy! I need to take classes or something.

So what I'm trying to tell you is.......Go watch BYU's Young Ambassadors when you get the chance! Seriously you will not be disappointed.

Peace

Love Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment