type='text/javascript'/>

Thursday, February 5, 2009

El Paso Texas, Star of The Southwest



Dan and I have now officially lived in El Paso Texas for one month. To be honest, it's really not that bad. It could be worse, i could be living in New Mexico. I'm pretty sure that when the summer hits i will be singing a different tune, but for right now it's simply marvelous. I wake up each morning with crisp cool air and by the afternoon it's a beautiful day of about 68. It compares to a typical Utah April day. Sunsets here are the most beautiful i have ever seen. When that sun is setting and it hits the mesa in the west, the sky just sings with beauty. It's unbelievable.

The people here in El Paso are the kindest people you will ever meet too. I thought Orem was the nicest people, but oh no no no no! El Paso has them beat!

What else about El Paso...Or Texas?.... Texas LOVES Texas. They have paraphernalia stores dedicated to the one, the only, great state of..... TEXAS. All radio stations are in Spanish except the ones that i have programed into my radio which comes out to equal 5. Yes, that's right five english radio stations! It's brown/grey here, no green. Announcements over the intercom at Albertsons and Walmart are in Spanish. Mesa is a street just like Orem's State, where everything is located on it and it's just as gross/ugly, if not more. Downtown looks like it's been raped over and over again. Dan and I live so close to the New Mexico/Texas boarder that we weave in and out of both states when just driving to his uncle's or mom's place. Mind you they are both only a less then ten minute drive. Mexican Restaurant don't need a slogan saying "we're 110% athentic mexican food." The Freeway, sometimes, is the only thing that seperates Texas from Mexico. I have a list of street I am never allowed to drive on with out Dan in the car. Wow, it really seems like I actually hate this place, in truth i don't. I'm just was telling you some of the querks about El Paso. It's quite a different world down here.

I got a job. Monday was my 1st day. I work at a company called PSRBB. They are an architectural firm. I'm only the front desk girl, but hey, it pays the bills. There is about 24 people all together. They are all so very nice to work with. I get on average about 4 calls an hour. It's not very fast but hey i don't complain. It's very simple work. I pick up the phone, then transfer it to the correct person. I'm just doing this till i get my feet planted in photography down here. It's going to take a few months. Hopefully i get some work.

Dan is doing his school thing. He likes his teachers and enjoys his classes. He's taking an online course were he usually complains about the intelligence of his other group members. I guess the teacher has split them up into different groups. For an online class Dan sure does do a lot.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment