type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Falling In Love In New York City



This Post is a little on the sappy side, you've been warned!!!

About a year ago, I went to New York City with the UVSC Art Department for their annual trip. It was AMAZING! I went everywhere and meet tons of artists. It was beautiful. A artist dream trip to New York. I found two of the best places to eat! The Cafeteria and a pizza place right under the Brooklyn Bridge in Brooklyn. (Seriously the best pizza place!) My friend, Trent, and I found it right before we walked the Brooklyn Bridge. That night was one of the best non romantic nights of my life! But my store is not about that it's about how I fell in love with Dan in New York.

Lets travel back in time to early 2008.

At this time Dan was living in Washington D.C. doing his thing and I was living in Provo, Utah with my girls. I went and visited him during the Christmas holidays because one of the girls was getting married out there. After the visit we had been emailing each other everyday and talking on the phone once in a while. We were gradually getting more intense feeling for each other. During our emailing and phone chats, Dan decided that he should come up to New York to visit. We have a dear friend living there going to foot school. It was a perfect place for him to stay.

I arrived in New York Friday night. It was pouring down rain and I called our friend, Al, telling him that i just got in and to meet me at my hotel, The Wellington, in about an hour. Dan's bus was going to be coming in about three hours after that. Al and I walked the streets got something to eat and chatted it up waiting for Dan. I remember when he called me. I was so nervous. Butterflies in full effect now! We were going to be meeting him just out side Penn Station. Penn Station is also right by Madison Square Gardens and there was a Knicks game that night. It was crazy busy. The bus was running a little behind because
A) It's a bus
B) In New York City and
C) It was raining cats and dogs.

Dan didn't arrive until about 11:30ish when he was scheduled to come about 10. Al and I waited a long time there. The bus driver got so fed up with the traffic that he decided to unload the bus about a half a block away from where it was suppose to drop them off. Al and I were off to find Dan. I remember it so clearly too. I was on the phone talking to him, trying to find him, when i spotted him. I had to stop. I was so scared. This visit could either make or break our relationship. I wanted it to work so badly too. He was so adorable looking around trying to stay dry with a huge piece of luggage. :) Then he spotted me and his face just started beaming, I'm pretty sure my was too. I was so gross looking. I had been on a plane, a packed taxi ride in to town and had walked the streets of New York in the rain. I'm surprise he didn't get right back on that bus. We barely even said anything to each other. Thank goodness Al was there. He definitely helped the situation. I know you know what I was going through. We all have, that first date, talking to your crush..... etc... It's hard! Dan had not eaten all day. The only thing still open was McDonald's. We went in, he got something and I remember Al had to leave us for a minute and Dan and I were left alone. Not much was said but he did grab my hand. My butterflies were going nuts :) Al and Dan still had over and hour subway ride back to Al's place up in Queens. We took the subway up to my hotel. We chatted a little more in the lobby then Al said his goodbyes and left Dan and I alone. Once Al was gone, Dan grabbed me and laid one of the best kisses of my life, on me! After we said goodbye, I got in the elevator and once those doors closed I was doing a little jig!! I was smiling so big! My roomy, Aubrey, just laughed at me when i got back.

He was only there for the weekend. Dan left Monday morning to go back to DC. I had to do my Art stuff during the day so we meet up after I was done with that. Dan, Al and I went to the play Chicago Sunday nigh. I love the Movie, I love Bob Fosse (he's dead, but he's the original choreographer for the show) so it was a perfect match to see while in New York. Al was a little on the odd side, even Dan noticed. After the play was over Al didn't even say goodbye he just took off at basically a sprint when we got out of the theater. So Dan and I were left alone again, but by now we were not so nervous. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) Seriously, starting a new exciting relationship and doing it in New York City, is fantastic. Yeah....i know your jealous! After the show we meet up with one of his friends that came up to New York as well, Sam. He's a old High School friend of Dan's. When they dropped me off, finally at about 1 in the morning, we tried to talk about what was going on with us. We decided at that point that we were casually dating each other. But once he got home to DC that thought was out the window and he wanted to date seriously. About a week after New York, Dan decided to move back to Provo and see if this relationship could really go some where. He moved back April 20th and we were engaged by July 26th. :)

That is my story of when i fell in love in New York City. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment