type='text/javascript'/>

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Month In Review

So February has come and it has gone. I just wanted to update you on what has happened in the last month of Dan and I's life.

On Monday Feb. 2nd I started my new job at PSRBB, an architectural firm. I love working here. It's easy and a great job to make that transition from school to work. The people here are awesome too. I can't pronounce most of the Hispanic names and I've gotten made fun of a few times because of my lack of talent in the Hispanic language. I seriously butcher the names. I'm a white girl from Utah come on! Tommy, the President of company, reminds me so much of my Dad. It's really great. Susan my supervisors is really loud and is kinda like me. I love that too!

Friday the 6th through Saturday the 7th, Dan and I, with his parents, went up to Albuquerque to do a session in the Temple. It's about a four hour drive. It was a good trip but i was very very excited to get home. I'm still getting used to my In-Laws. I love them, but it was a very LONG two days. We actually have a temple close to us here in El Paso, it's about 30 mins away in Mexico, but the Border Control has asked Americans not to go over. It's getting to dangerous. In the 1st two month of the year the city has seen over 400 murders!!!! 400!!! What?!!! So, yeah, I'm not going over there.

Valentines Day! It was a good one. My 1st with a significant other. Usually my history was either I'd hook up with someone a few weeks after Valentines or have broken up with someone a few weeks before. Dan surprised me a few day early. Usually i have lunch by myself on Thursdays, cause Dan has Institute. I got home and the lights were off and on our little bar between the Kitchen and the Front Room, there was a cute little teddy bear with a box of chocolates and a balloon saying "I love you". It was cute. But while i was looking at my gift Dan just had to jump out of our bedroom yelling. I screamed so loud. I scare easy. I got him a car ornament that almost all cars have here, a chrome miners pick that you put on the back of your car. UTEP are the Miners. He's wanted one for a while.

Saturday the 22nd we went and canned at the Bishops Storehouse. I've never canned before I was really excited to do it. Dan's mom, Diane, purchased some food storage from the ward and to get it you needed to can it. She forgot that her cousin, Nancy, was coming into town and asked if Dan and I could go and can what she got. It wasn't much it was like 12 cans all together. We were there for about 45 mins. They practically kicked us out of the place because so many families from the Ward volunteered to help. It was amazing to see all the service people wanted to do.

Since Friday the 21th Dan has been really sick. He just got over the worst of it this last weekend and it's been lingering since. My poor husband. He's been miserable.

I've already blogged it but the Young Ambassadors were in town. That was fun.

We've also have had a hay day trying to get my car registered here!!! Stupid Texas and their laws! Utah is so easy compared to this crap!

I also discovered this video this month.



Well there's February for ya

Love

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hello my darling. Are you for sure coming back to UT in a few weeks? Because I am planning a trip out here for our dear friend Allison. Let me know, maybe it will work out so you'll be here!!

    ReplyDelete