type='text/javascript'/>

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trains....who needs them!

I finally got to blame my lateness on something other then Me! Yesterday morning when i was driving to work, I got stuck waiting for a train for about 25 mins. It was really funny. If i had just left one min earlier i would have missed the stupid train. I was about the fourth car in line, while about 30 others were behind me. Who operates a train during the morning rush? Union Pacific, that's who. And how come their driver was retarded? He was going at a good speed, when all of a sudden he starts to slow down. It takes the guy about 5 mins to stop the train completely then about another 5 mins of waiting for it to go again. Instead of it going forward it started to go backwards. It finally cleared the area about 10 mins after that. I was 15 mins late to work. Once those gates were open it was every man for himself. Everyone was speeding after that. The whole west side of the Valley had to have been late to work. The tracks run right through it.


My supervisor, Susan, also got stuck behind the same train. She lives in the West part of the Valley too. But what's really funny..... on Susan's way back to work from lunch, Susan got stuck behind another train. I had just missed it. Hahahah When she came in and she told me, I was in hysterics. I could not stop laughing. The reason for my hysterics is, Susan and I joked about getting stuck behind one at lunch. I know lame office humor, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to keep it interesting.

Love ya

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment