type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, October 1, 2010

Fix-It-Friday No. 3

Today I find myself doing the photo Fix it hosted by I Heart Faces, again. Work was so busy all week long but Friday comes and it's dead....sometimes i hate it while other times i love it. I don't mind it's, super fun and I love photoshop and putting my little twist of creativity into it.

Today i decided to keep it simple. The image was simple and adorable. Why make it complicated.
Here is the orginal.


Here is mine.


My work flow was super easy too. I recently started playing with these settings and I've come to love it.

First, I duplicated the background layer and switched the blending mode to softlight, which adds some nice contrast with out going over board. 

Second, I Duplicated the new layer and switched the blending mode to screen. 
I still didn't like how the image looked so i duplicated the screen layer and  made the opacity on it about 30% So now I have two screen layers.

Third, It was a little blue for my liking, so i added a solid color adjustment layer. The color is a soft orange yellow. Then changed the blending mode to overlay and changed the opacity to 25%
.
Fourth, I wanted to make the eyes pop. I've read some articles about how to do it and have done them, but i never fully LOVED the way they looked. Then i decided to sit down and discover my own way of making the eyes pop. 

Here is how i made these eyes pop and use for almost all my eye poppingness.

I copy only the iris on both eyes on my background layer. The iris should now be on it's own layer just above the background layer so it gets all the pretty things i did to the image too.

There are several ways to do this. Quick Mask mode, Lasso tool... etc. 
Then i change the blending mode to Color Dodge. I sometimes change the opacity if i feel the eyes are a little intense. But that is all. Super easy right? Way better then some tutorials i have read. It take like five minutes to do their tutorials while my in like 30 seconds.

Anyways that is my work flow for this image.

Peace.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful edit! I love your header and blog design as well!

    ReplyDelete