type='text/javascript'/>

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fix-It-Friday

There is this website that i occasionally go onto and look around.. being into photography and all.... It's called I Heart Faces and they have weekly challenges with photo assignments to do, they teach mom's and photoshop enthusiasts, how to do photoshop in really super helpful ways if you've never stepped foot into photoshop, which is super confusing.... blah blah blah... I digress, every Friday they have Fix-It-Friday were they give their readers an opportunity to show off their photoshop skills... which is super cool too. 

Being bored, just a little, at work this morning i decided to participate. This is the first time that i have.

I don't have Mr Awesome CS photoshop on my office computer. i do have it at home. I have the cheapest one that you can get. Photoshop 7. It's not even elements which lets you play around lots more then photoshop 7. Any who here is the original.





What they wanted people to do, was to make the sky blue...

here is mine....
There are some flaws to mine. 1st when i zoomed up really close to the face it went super pixelated and could not make the blue around the face area right with the limited elements i have at my work computer. There are some others that bug me but again i work with a terrible photoshop. 

My work flow process

Made a blank layer to work on
Duplicated the blue reflecting off the car and made a gradient layer on the blank layer.
Changed the layer option from Normal to Overlay
Erased everything on top of the car, boy and landscape.
Burned the sky a little to give some depth
Played with curves to get the cross processed look
Then tweaked some hue saturation and contrast to make it pop just a little more.
I think i did pretty well.

Peace


2 comments: