type='text/javascript'/>

Thursday, February 3, 2011

El Paso Is Weak!! Weak I Tell You!!

We got hit with the massive snow storm that has swept the nation. Yesterday I got a call at 6:30 in the morning telling me not to come in to work, the office was going to be closed. Closed! I'm not complaining... free day (imagine "free day" being sung in excitement) but... Utah would never close for the weather that we got here. Nor would rest of the nation. Yes is was super super cold for El Paso. 8 degrees when I finally checked the weather in the morning, but.. no snow. We had a small small small layer, did i mention it was small, layer of snow on the ground. I don't think that it was even on the roads. We didn't get much on the west side. I heard that the northeast got about 3 inches....So i just have to laugh that El Paso completely shut down for something like this. Dan and I weathered the weather.. ha... and headed to the Mall. It was cold in the Mall and less then half the stores were closed. Odd right? People from cold places would seriously be rolling on the ground at how silly the city of El Paso and the people reacted. All the schools were closed, including Utep, and the city was closed. They are all closed today too. I can't believe it. I think that I had one, ONE, snow day. It was in elementary school and we got like 4 feet of snow in one night. I do remember another time in elementary where Mr. Porter, our janitor, couldn't get the doors opened and they were about to send us all back. Almost every student was waiting in the front of the school while Mr. Porter plow torched the doors open. They had frozen shut. But then he got them open... dang it.. and school was not closed... boo. But it's all good, at the end of March we always had a day off for our snow day that we never used. :) Last year we got something like this, but not nearly as cold. Our office didn't close, nor did the schools but Susan, my supervisor, was worried about me and my pregnant belly and all the idiot's that drive worse then they normally do in odd weather conditions and told me not to come in. She didn't want to risk an accident. Susan is super awesome! That is all

Peace

2 comments:

  1. WOW utah does never cancel work! But I can imagine that is really cold for texas, we didn't even get to 8 degrees during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You WON'T believe this, but I was going through my "Recommended Items" on my Google Reader (pretty much, it just recommends a bunch of random stuff/junk from the the internet--ranging from funny things, design stuff, art, photography...you name it). And I say "Michelle and Dan" and El Paso in the same sentence...I couldn't believe it! So you're famous. Apparently Google is recommending your blog to other people. ;)

    ReplyDelete